Kitchen Treasures Rasam Powder
A popular South Indian drink, Rasam has now become a preferred drink all over the country. Rasam Powder is the centre of all the key spices like pepper, cumin, coriander and others. KT Rasam Powder is made using best quality ingredients and spices giving the drink its delicious taste and purity. Piping hot rasam can be consumed as a flavourful soup accompanied by papad, can be eaten with rice and pooris or as a side dish with different curries.
Ingredients: Coriander, Toor dhal, Cumin, Horsegram, Chilly, Pepper, Fenugreek, Asafoetida, Garlic, Turmeric, Curry leaves, Edible oil, salt.
Net Contents: 100g
Preparation and Usage
- Cook 75g (5 tbsp.) of toor dal in a cup of water, with 1 tsp of cooking oil and a pinch of turmeric.
- Churn the cooked dal and keep aside.
- Boil tamarind and extract the juice.
- Take a separate pan, heat 2 tbsp oil. Add Mustard seeds and wait for it to splutter. Now add few fenugreek seeds fennel seeds and cut dry chillies, see that it doesn’t get burned.
- Add minutely chopped tomatoes, for a better flavour and saute it.
- Now add the tamarind extract to this mixture.
- Add Rasam Powder (20g) and salt to taste.
- Add the churned, cooked dal and water to the desired consistency.
- Cook for about 10 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with rice.
All allergy information is provided on the back of the item. We suggest customers to read before using the consumable for its intended purpose. As a caution we at spicesgalore.co.uk advice customers that products may contain the following: wheat, soya, nuts, mustard & other contaminates due to manufacturing processes. Please contact the customer service, if any information needed before you order.