Dosa’s are the folded pancakes. They are eaten as a snack or as a meal.
1/2 cup rice flour
1/2 cup rava/ semolina (coarse)
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 inch ginger
4 green chillies
1/4 tsp asafoetida
10-12 curry leaves
1/4 cup grated coconut
15 chopped cashewnuts
2 tbsp peppercorns
1 tsp cumin seeds
2 tbsp ghee
salt to taste
1. Blend rava, rice flour ad buttermilk to make a thin batter, add asafoetida and salt. Leave the batter for atleast 6 hours.
2. Finely chop the ginger, green chillies and curry leaves.
3. Crush the peppercorns and cumin seeds. Roast both on a little ghee and add to the batter.
4. Mix the chopped greens, coconut and cashew into the batter and stir well.
5. Heat the non-stich pan and pour a ladle full of batter and spread by swirling the pan.
6. Pour a tablespoon oil around and on the dosa.
7. Cook till it is crisp and golden in colour. Serve hot with chutney and sambar.