Wheat Halwa is a melt in mouth sweet made by simmering and stirring wheat milk with ghee, sugar and cashews.
1/2 cup wheat flour
1 cup sugar
1 and 1/4 cups ghee plus 2 to 3 tsp extra
1/4 tsp cardamom powder
1 tbsp cashewnuts
1 cup warm water
1/4 cup water
a pinch orange colour
1. Take wheat flour and add water little by little to form a stiff dough. Soak the dough in 1 cup of warm water at least for 5-7 hours.
2. Mix the dough well with your hands till the dough is completely dissolved without any lumps.
3. Then strain the milk using a strainer and discard the leftout scum. Leave the milk to rest for sometime….
4. Next, discard the top most clear liquid, without disturbing the settled milk.
5. Fry the cashews in ghee and set aside.
6. Take a heavy bottomed pan. Add sugar with 1/4 cup boiling water until it reaches a single thread consistency. Then add the wheat flour milk.
7. Keep stirring. Once it comes to porridge consistency start adding ghee about 2-3 tbsp.
8. When it becomes more transparent, add the food colour and keep stirring.
9. Keep stirring and add the remaining ghee. Once it reaches halwa like consistency add the cashews, cardamom powder and give it a quick stir.
10. When the ghee starts separating at the sides of the pan, you can switch it off and enjoy the wheat halwa.